thought you might like these fun facts about employment.
- When 1,500 American workers were asked about being appreciated at work, 60 percent of those surveyed say “extra thank-yous” would make them more productive.
- Sixty-two percent of 436 respondents to a survey admit to checking work e-mail in the bathroom.
- According to new hiring research, the average cost of a mis-hire according to profession is as follows:
Senior executive – 15 times their annual salary
Mid-level manager – 10 times their annual salary
Laboratory director – 7 times their annual salary
Programmer – 4 times their annual salary
Nurse – 2 times their annual salary
- When 1,500 U.S. employees were asked “If you care for a child or
older loved one, what is the one adjustment you make to your work
schedule most often?” they responded
Make phone calls and/or arrangements during the workday – 24%
Leave work early – 22%
Take the day off – 16%
Arrive late to work – 14%
Ask spouse to adjust his/her schedule – 5%
- When 271 workers were asked: “What is the single most
important program/benefit your employer could offer that would keep you
working productively and happily as you get older?” the top 3 responses
49% Flexible work schedule
15% Health and wellness programs
13% New training/learning opportunities